Thursday, April 05, 2007

BOY OR GIRL???????



Today was the big day......or was it? We have been having a big debate about whether or not we were going to find out what we were having and today was the dr.'s appointment. The ultrasound tech immediately asked if we wanted to know and we just couldn't resist so we said yes. The ultrasound started and the lady saw right away and went right to the area....so it IS A GIRL!!!! She was really sure (being that I never believe them) and saw it throughout the whole ultrasound. Everything else went really well, except this little girl didn't really want to give us a good profile or for us to see her face real well. That is exactly how Carter was. Little stinkers just don't realize how much we want a good look or picture of them. So here is the best we got. It's still so crazy to think that I'm half way there and by August we will have 2 children. I'm so excited and can't wait to meet this little girl!

Carter is growing like crazy and keeping us on our feet constantly. He still has some major attitude and at the same time is so sweet giving me tons of kisses and hugs and kissing my tummy constantly.....he did that even before I was pregnant. We are enjoying some nice weather and so that means we are outside lots! Thank goodness we have a large backyard and not too many things that he can't get into. Of course he loves the dirt ( I was a complete fool thinking he would never notice it) he even likes to eat it. He's really starting to play with his toys and talk a whole bunch of gibberish on the phone. His vocabulary is growing which makes me realize how much he listens.

Brent is staying so busy with school and work! He's doing so good with his school papers and assignments....getting the highest grade in his class. I constantly wonder how he does it all and does it all so well.....I know that beside from just being one smart feller he's blessed so much and we definately have the help of our Heavenly Father. It's hard to see how some things will work out or to see the whole outcome when things are so stressful, but it's so nice to know that there's a higher power and that we are being watched over and Heavenly Father is highly aware of what is going on.

Anyway, as for me....I am doing quite well. I'm trying to eat healthy and get some exercise and on Tuesday just when things were really going well for me I decided to get out and take Carter for a walk. Feeling so good to get some fresh air I started speed walking and going for quite a long walk when all of the sudden the stroller collapsed and I went over Carter, falling on the pavement (my face breaking my fall) And just when I thought that I had gotten away without anyone seeing this ordeal a nice man came running out of his office asking if I was okay. More embarrassed than anything I tried to just tell him that it was a little fall and we're fine....only for him to tell me my face was bleeding. Now feeling even more stupid because I couldn't feel that I hurt my face I said oh we live around the corner I'll be fine....and hurried on my way, making sure the stroller was locked and I took it much slower. Well my tooth went into my lip and my face got some scuffs from the cement. Other than a swollen lip and bruised teeth I'm ok. It must have been quite the sight. I'm just glad that I didn't loose my front teeth over a stupid fall. And I'm so thankful that Carter just got smashed for a moment...no falls for him. So to all you walkers be careful and make sure you have a nice quality stroller.

Well love to all and I hope everyone has a HAPPY EASTER!!! I've been trying so hard not to go crazy over the candy.....not doing the greatest job. We're thinking of all you!

6 comments:

.Ang. said...

That's so exciting! One of each :)

Sounds like you guys are doing well! Good for you! I have to say i laughed outloud when you talked about Carter Kissing your stomach... I thought... Aww cute he's excited for the baby.. then you said he always did it. and it just made me laugh! What a cutie!

I hope your face heals up nicely! WE had a stroller that would randomly lose it's wheel... something like taht can make a brisk walk and/or a trip to the zoo No fun at all!!

Glad you weren't seriously injured!

Happy easter! WE love you guys!

Sonia said...

Love the story of the fall. . . Just wished you posted some pix of yourself. :o)

Glad it's a girl . . . Think PInk!!

Saige said...

Congrats!! a little girl-- you'll love the change, even though she will still love to play with all her big brothers toy cars and what not. Love your stroller ordeal....could of made you some $$$ on Funniest Videos.
xoxox

Anonymous said...

We're so excited that you're having a girl. If only these little girls could live closer together to play!! Bad fall!! Glad it wasn't worse. Love ya guys

Shel said...

Congratulations ! We are so happy for you guys. 'a baby girl' and only a few more weeks before she arrives. That's great. Sounds like a tough fall... I've done that before.. those crazy strollers, the wheels turn and down you go. I hope you heal quickly. Happy that Carter is okay too. SOLUTION - a running stroller. They are the best, Macy spent the first 4 years of her life in one. I look back and those runs in snow and sunshine were so great.

Anonymous said...

Yeah a Girl!!! Brynlee is really excited for you cause thats all she wants is a baby sister. Tomorrow ( monday the 9th ) we go for our ultrasound so maybe we'll find out. Up here they are so chincy and don't very often tell so we will see?? but it is the year for opposites. Ie Braxton - Bree, Jax, Maddux - Jurnee, Carter-baby girl etc. so maybe its a girl. (I would like to think so) but we'll see. Bryn and Riley will argue about it cause Riley wants a boy baby. Soon enough.

I'm glad to hear that you are healing after such a spill.
Hahahaha
Love you tons