Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Take each day as it comes

Well we all have been pretty busy! Brent is trying to get so many papers and projects done before he goes to Atlanta for work next week, then the next week will be the end of the semester for him and he'll get a 2 week break before summer school starts......which will be absolutely crazy! It'll be tough for all of us but there is an end in sight....2 more years left.

Carter and I have been staying busy in our days. He is loving to climb everywhere which means many bruises for him. He's definately a boy through and through and a 16 month old. He is loving to dance and sing constantly. Yesterday I was doing laundry and he was sitting on the couch just talking away, I thought he must have my phone ( he loves phones ) then I heard something weird so I went to check on him and sure enough he really was talking to someone. He wouldn't let me have the phone and just kept talking like crazy, I realized it was his dad thank goodness!!! He'd been talking to him for 5 minutes, I'm just glad it was Brent not some crazy person. He keeps me laughing through the day because really sometimes you just have to laugh and tickle the heck out of them instead of getting mad or frustrated when they constantly are interested in things they shouldn't be. He has really learned to pick "Jesus" out of pictures and at nursery went around to all the pictures pointing to him saying Jesus. I didn't even really know he knew who Jesus was. It really is amazing how he just knows when I haven't really taught him.

The baby is now kicking like crazy and she must be positioned on my bladder because I seriously go every half an hour sometimes. It's the worst pain to have just gone and all the sudden have to be running back to the bathroom. I keep thinking maybe a bladder infection but it's not...she must just think the bladder is her little soccer ball.

Anyway a reflection on the events that have happened in Virginia....It seriously is so sad!!! I couldn't imagine the terror that went through the students' mind. It makes me realize how in a minute our whole lives can change. On Sunday we had our home teachers over and one of our home teachers shared with us a tragic story in his own life. They had a baby girl a month after Carter was born and when she was 4 months old they all were in a tragic car accident that almost took his wife and took their baby girl. Listening to some of the details just broke my heart. He and his wife weren't sealed in the temple and last month had the opportunity to be sealed together and to be sealed to their little girl. So as busy as life seems to get, take each day with a breath of fresh air and try to love each moment. Sometimes I think my trials are hard until I hear someone else's and I realize how much I have to be thankful for and at any given time it could change. So love to all and I hope that all of you are doing great and enjoying spring and making it through some of the craziness each of you have.
I'll try and post pictures later.... I haven't been the best at taking pictures lately.

1 comment:

Saige said...

Amber what great advice, I've been thinking the same thing as I've watched the VT shootings. Just hug your boys a little tighter tonight. I hear ya with the soccer bladder. Hang in there, only a few more months and you'll be sleeping on your tummy again!
xoxox