Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Girl or Boy?????

So that is the lovely question is it a girl or boy??? I am working on scanning pics of the ultrasound but for now I'll just give everyone an update. So we went to the dr's  undecided but leaning more towards finding out. So when we got in to the room she asked and we told her we weren't sure. Well pretty soon the ultrasound started and flash I saw that it was a.......BOY!!! For sure a boy! I couldn't believe how fast that I could tell and so it was confirmed by the kind lady and everything else went great. The baby looks good and healthy and right on target for June 28th. 
I am now starting to feel good and energetic and want so many things done! I just realized that most of Carter's clothes although super cute, it is the wrong season. Carter was born in the middle of winter and this baby will be born in the middle of Summer. So I must go shopping!!! I am already HUGE and feeling the weight all out front.  I so wish I had more room between my ribs and hips so I wouldn't poke out so extremely far. It still is crazy to me to get it in my head that we will soon have 3 little ones! I am so excited to meet this little guy and for Brooklyn and Carter to have a little baby to help with. Carter was extremely upset at first that it was a boy. He kept telling us that it was a "gwirl" baby. So when announced during the ultrasound he said he was upset. I kept wondering why he wanted a girl baby so bad. But after thinking I realize that he has really only seen girl babies and his favorite is our friends Annie and John's baby girl Libby. He thinks she is so cute and fun and he wanted one like her. After telling him that he can teach the baby how to play cars and play ball and run fast, he is way excited. He has his mind set on a name already. It is a name that we discussed a couple of times in the very beginning but never decided on .....so I'm not quite sure how he'll deal with it if we choose something else. The name is Boston....We thought about this name when I was pregnant with Carter but decided it didn't fit Carter and we'd save it for a later time if it ever fit. And now Carter calls the baby Boston and gets quite upset if we try other names. So we shall see if it fits.
Brooklyn could care less on a name or that it is a boy or girl but she is so excited and kisses and hugs my tummy all the time. I'm not sure she grasps that there really is a baby in there but she sure acts like it and is getting lots of practice with her baby dolls. She has also really started talking full sentences!!!! She copies everything we all say and it is so funny. She keeps us laughing with the new things she says and comes up with. 

6 comments:

Erin&Ryan said...

Amber im so excited for you!! Carter will love having a brother. Noah and Ashton get along so well and its so fun seeing them play together. Sometimes i wish Khloe had a sister that she could be that close to be two brothers will have to work! Congrats on the baby boy!

Colby and Amber Vanderbeek said...

Congrats on the boy! How fun for your cute little family! I must tell you, I was a little worried having 3 kids, everyone kept telling me how much harder 3 is than 2. But I have LOVED every minute of it, and it's actually been quite easy! The other 2 have loved having a baby sister and are so good to her and to help me! It's fun to see them together! So have fun and don't worry! Also, the name thing, Carter knows his name! And don't try to change it! Let that be his little thing! My little Aspyn chose our baby girl Lily's name literally and got mad everytime we debated between that and the other one we liked. But she just knew somehow, and it fit and everyone is happy with Lily! So good luck with all that! Can't wait to see more pics! You have such an adorable family! Glad I can see and keep in touch with you some! Sure miss ya!

jana jacob said...

Congrats guys! That is so exciting! I can't believe that we are due the same time...my due date is the 27th of June! Eden was the same with Jack's name...she knew all along it was going to be Jack even when we told her differently. The day Jack was born we told her that we would name him Jack and her reply was, "I knew he was Jack...Truman is coming later." We'll see if Truman comes along. We are sure stumped..okay, I am the one who is stumped,thinking of girl names. I can't believe Brooklyn - she sounds all grown up. Emry only says a few words and has no desire for me to talk about a new baby...she's right upset that she doesn't fit on my lap any more....I am really worried how she's going to react to all of this! Okay, I know there is probably a rule about writing such a long comment, but I am just so happy for you guys! As for the clothing thing....same thing with Emry...I was sure I was so prepared for whatever I was going to have since I had Jack and Eden...I failed to think of the season thing until it was too late and she surprised us!

Mindi said...

Congrats!! Can't wait for pics of the little guy!

Brandi said...

I don't know how I missed this post...I was wondering when you were going to fill us in! SO...CONGRATS! I am so happy for you guys...boy, girl, boy...just like us, too fun! I also love the name Boston...but can't sell Miller on it. I actually like it for a girl too, but spelled Bostyn. Oh, and I'm sooooo sad for you that you have to buy new baby clothes...so depressing to SHOP :) I am feeling GI-NORMOUS too...only 9 more weeks to go but I still feel like I have no more room to grow. There's just not a lot of room for us short people, eh? I want to see a belly pic though, I'm sure you're super cute!

Unknown said...

Dang, I did miss this post! I love Boston! So cute. It was wonderful seeing you this weekend. I wish we lived closer so we could get together more often. You guys should come to Utah soon. You FOR SURE are not huge. You are way cute pregnant!