Sunday, April 05, 2009

Shooting in Twin Falls

Pat Teaching me how to shoot

Brent With the MNP AR15 .223 Cal.

Brent and Pat shooting FNH FS2000 .223 cal.

Brent shooting his new handgun
Amber and Pat shooting our handgun



Carter with Uncle Pat and .22 handgun



Hey Everyone,

I wanted to give a little update, and show off my new gun... 

We have been in Twin Falls hanging out with Amber's family this conference weekend. 

Amber's sister April with her kids: Ashlyn and Collin are here from California, and her sister Meagon with her kids: Caleb, Trever, and Joseph are here from Utah.

Her brother Pat is still here on his 2 week vacation from Iraq.  It has been nice spending time with him and his wife Jan. They live in Kimberly (just south of Twin Falls).

On Saturday we went out to do a little target practice.  It was the first time that I have been able to shoot my new gun.  It's a Smith/Walther .40 cal.  handgun. WOW.. it is awesome.  You should have seen me.  :)

After shooting my gun for about an hour, and having Pat show me some police/military tactical moves I felt like "Jack Bauer" from 24. :)  Okay maybe not quite like Jack, but it was cool. 

Amber and Carter even got in on the action.  I wanted Amber to shoot the gun so that she was somewhat comfortable with it just in case... Carter was curious about the guns and I wanted him to know that they are not toys.  Pat and grandpa both helped teach Carter the importance in always being safe.  

Pat helped Carter shoot Grandpa's .22 cal. handgun.  He was such a trooper.  I couldn't believe that he wasn't afraid. I was worried that he might be a little young, but he did awesome.

I also shot Pat's FNH FS2000 .223 cal. and MNP AR15 .223 cal. These guns all had really cool scopes.  They placed a red dot on the target.. I felt like a Sniper.. :)

Amber's dad showed me how to clean my gun after and how to properly care for it.  

Thanks to Pat and Amber's dad for taking us out and showing us some cool weapons. Ammunition is not cheap, and I appreciate their willing to share with all of us.  

In other news...

Amber is now on her 28th week of pregnancy.  YA! 

She is due June 28th, so things are starting to get fun.  (fun for me, but uncomfortable for her) We can feel our baby moving all over and wonder what he is going to look like.  

Brooklyn and Carter are doing really good.  Carter seems to be getting taller and smarter everyday.  He enjoys his time at Pre-school with his teachers and friends.  Brooklyn hates it when they drop Carter off.  She cries for (Ca Ca) the whole time he is gone.  She loves her brother so much.  Carter loves to say "What the..." and Brooklyn finishes saying "heck".  They say it over and over again.

Brooklyn is getting so independent and is now beginning to talk in some sentences.  She is learning her colors and knows her shapes.  

I have been staying busy at work.  I have a trip to Chicago coming up at the end of April. I have been busy lately working on a side business with my bro. in-law Ryan.  I'll share more with you when it's ready to go.

Feel free to drop us a note and say hi.  We love to read your comments. 

Also, we invite anyone to share with us their favorite "boy" names.  Maybe we will make this into a little contest.  If you submit a name and we choose it, you may get a cool surprise. :)

FYI so far we like: Boston, Drake, Dawson, Crew and Bridger.  

until next time.. Stay Fit and have Fun.

Brent

9 comments:

BreeBands said...

You have to get "Your" gun up here. If not when we come down next, we will have to shoot it. I still can't believe that you do not have to have a license to have a gun. Strange.
Oh I have a boys name for you. "Ricky" Like Ricky Bobby. Named after your middle name. Just kidding. I will try to stay fit and have fun.
Bryce

Brandi said...

I haved loved Boston for awhile now...for a boy or girl (but spelled Bostyn for a girl), I actually really like Crew too...way cute! Drake is Ryan and Kaci's dog's name (my sister) :) but it would still be cute. Brent, you are so stoked about your new gun, maybe you should name your little dude Gunner, eh? We had our ward missionaries over tonight and that's the name he loved. Good luck! Amber, you look adorable with your cute little preggo belly! Here are some other names of friend's/family's boys... Jaxon, Kyler, Cooper, Eli, Seth, Cache, Rylan, Justus, Johnston, Max, Slade, Taiton.

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Definately Drake, for sure. Collin. Jack. Liam. Max. Noah. But I really like Drake.

Can I be entered in the contest?

jana jacob said...

OH gesh, I am going to have to make sure Nate doesn't read your blog! He has been wanting a gun for years now!
Don't you think naming a baby is about the hardest thing to do? I can share some of our boy names we had picked out for this pregnancy, but no longer need. Ash, Gabe, Graham, and Nate's all time favorite Bauer.

Jennifer said...

Sad to say... at the moment I am at a LOSS for boy names as it has not even crossed my mind in quite a while!
Looks like you all had fun last weekend!

Bree said...

I like Boston, Crew, and Bridger in case you wanted me vote. You look so cute shooting with your little belly!

Mindi said...

Brent, that's so cool about the new gun. Josh has his dads gun. It's a 357. It's so fun! I love shooting, but I'm glad you had amber shoot, she needs to learn... and you are right, just incase! ABout names, I'm more into the older names, but you can borrow Jack. I'll let ya!

Sonia said...

Funny, all the names you listed I have friends with kids with those names!!! I like them all . . . though I'd spell Crew "Krew". Happy shooting!