Sunday, December 10, 2006

Surviving this week

Carter thinks he's so big....wanting the phone all the TIME!!!


Seeing the tree really made it feel like Christmas!

My mom's beautiful tree!!!

First of all we had some birthdays this last week. Happy birthday to Ryan (Brent's brother), Ashlyn (my niece), Brylie (Brent's 2nd cousin?) Dalin and Bowen (Carter's little friends)....we love you all and hope that you all had great birthdays. We were able to go to Dalin and Bowen's birthday party and get to see them dig into the cake and make a wonderful mess just like Carter. Took them a little longer but they sure did enjoy it!!!
Well I am in Twin for the week taking care of my mother's daycare while they are in HAWAII!!! Yes I said HAWAII! I talked to her tonight and they are enjoying 85 degree weather and nice walks on the beach. I hope they have a nice relaxing time, they deserve a nice break! I just hope I can hold down the fort here. I got here this evening and walked into a wonderful smell of pine and my mom's christmas tree and decorations are all out and look so beautiful. Her tree is amazing....like a department store tree! I took pictures and they turned out beautiful but of course I can't post them yet since I forgot the cord to transfer my pictures to the computer. Carter amazingly left the tree alone! Only one time did he go over and try to touch it realizing that the branches are prickly so he walked away....so many more EXCITING things to see than the tree. I thought I might get a little weirded out by being here all by myself but it actually feels like home so warm and christmasy I think I'll be okay. (I think....)Thanks mom for making sure the tree was up!!! On Tuesday hopefully I'll get Andrea and Tiana to come stay with me while my brother Terry and his wife Ana take Michaela to get surgery on her leg. Good luck Micky I know it'll be tough being in a wheelchair for christmas just make sure to get a bell to make your lovely two sisters wait on you hand and foot. ( HA HA).
I better go and get some rest my day starts at 7:15 and ends at 6. We'll see just how many little ones I have, maybe this will be the perfect birth control along with being in the nursery to help me realize that one child is okay for now. But it's those little babies that I see and hear and waiting another year or two just seems crazy. Only time will tell. I love you all and I'll post pictures later when I can. So sorry that you just have to read and have no pictures to tell the story. Love to all.
Amber

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amber, I'm sure you'll do great and survive just fine!! Take care and have a good week!! We love ya.

Sonia said...

HAHAHA . . .
I can smell the pine (in my memory of course). When I lived in Raymond I would always buy a real tree. I loved it. I move to Vegas, and I'm stuck with a fakey!!! oh well. The week is now 1/2 over and you're still alive!!! YAH. Hope it continues to go well. Give Carter a big Kiss for me!!!

Anonymous said...

How did your week go? We just got your christmas card yesterday. It was so wonderful to get it and that awesome picture. I put it on our fridge and Bryn and Riley look at it all the time and tell who it is they love seeing you guys. lots of love!

.Ang. said...

How was the week?!
I love the pictures of Carter! He looks ALL grown up just pacing around with that phone.

SO are you all ready for Christmas?!??!?!
I'm NOT! and we are now in the 20's in december.. That means it's mere days away!!!

AHHHH