Friday, December 01, 2006

Our First SNOW!!!






Well yesterday and last night it snowed. It's been freezing cold here making it hard for me to get out and do some running around. Carter was so excited when he saw it snowing outside or maybe he was just excited thinking his dad was coming home. So I bundled him up really tight and took him outside to go check our mail (which is down the street). He loved it. He sat down in it and played with it in his hands. The only thing he wasn't sure about was eating it. Carter has been doing pretty well this week with sleeping. We had to move his mattress out of the crib and onto the floor in our room. He then goes to sleep around 8:30 and wakes up like clockwork at 5 am. He usually goes back to sleep....but not this morning!!! Of course when I have lots to get done we start the morning off way to early and I'm way to grumpy at that hour. He wanted to play and run and got so upset when I shut that down. So I fed him a little cereal bar gave him some milk, he showered with Brent and then told his daddy good bye and then he had no option but to sleep. He only slept for an hour and is ready to go. With my luck he'll fall asleep while I'm trying to run around. We are celebrating Carter's birthday tomorrow. I'm planning on making a big cake but we'll see how it goes. I've got to get some items for it and for our little party so I better get on the run....I still have to get myself ready. I hope you all are doing well. And I'll let you all know how the party goes. I still can't believe he's going to be ONE!!! Some of these pictures are of our venture outside last night and the others are of Carter eating his first candy cane.

2 comments:

.Ang. said...

I love it when it first snows. It really sets the mood for the holidays. I just wish it didn't make driving around so impossible... and wouldn't it be nice if it didn't bring the temperature down! haha
Good luck with the party tomorrow! hope you get everything undercontrol!! It's amazing how much they change in the first year!

Give him a birthday hug and kiss for me!and a bear hug from brylie (you have to say bear bear bear in a growling tone!) haha
Oh and happy birthday to you too! on monday? and brent on Sunday!
Busy month!! aren't you glad they are all at the beginning of the month?!?!? still a few weeks away from christmas!

Sorry for the Long post.
We sure love you guys!

Angie

Sonia said...

Happy birthday today to Brent and Monday to Amber & Carter. We are so glad that Carter loves the snow. Jax & Maddux do too, but unfortunately they don't get the opportunity to play in it to often. We tried last year, but dang that Canada!

Carter is so cute and looks like he has no problem downing a candy cane. Hope he doesn't get too addicted to them! It will just make him bounce off the walls even more!

Love you guys. Hope the birthday party was a huge success!! We love you guys and miss you!