Saturday, November 25, 2006

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

My dad is such a great chef!!! Doesn't the turkey look beautiful!

Yes the turkey is BLACK.....but so moist and yummy inside!

Too tired to even eat!!!

Two pretty girls who love lipstick!!!


April and Chris brought their dog Daisy and Carter loved her!!!

Waiting for dinner. So cute




Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. We had a yummy yummy meal!!! We actually had to have 2 turkeys. We had one deep-fried by the infamous Chris Durham, and then Chef Dad cooked his turkey in the oven. They were both so delicious!!! So moist and the perfect amount of spices. It's a toss up between the two different ways to cook the turkey. The fruit salad, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing.....yah everything was sooooo good. And of course I had to have apple pie, and a piece of pumpkin too. So now the 10 pounds that I needed to loose is now up to 15 pounds. Oh well, you have to enjoy life. Carter enjoyed the food too. He has loved being with all his cousins. They all are a little older and so they watch him and really entertain him giving me a nice break.
I actually really did it this year. Ana and I woke up at 4:30 to make the mad rush for black Friday. It was crazy. Target had a huge line and police to monitor the lines and parking lot. Once we got in the store we couldn't even move. But I did get mostly all of my Christmas shopping done. So that is nice. I think I might pass on the early morning wake up next year.
Well we've done it......we have weaned Carter. Cold Turkey!!! He has done AMAZING!!! We are staying at my brother Terry's house and Carter has his own little toddler bed and LOVES it. He goes to sleep by himself smiling so big when I lay him down tosses a few times smiling and then closes his eyes and goes to bed. He doesn't even ask to nurse. The first night we were at our own house and he was up every hour with Brent, but the 2nd night when we were at Terry's no crying. He woke up twice and it seems like every night it gets a little easier and better. My baby is no longer a baby. We are definately going to have to invest in getting a bed. He hates his crib thinking he's in jail. I've been feeling so good about this but yesterday I actually got a little teary because he's getting so big and I miss that closeness. I can't believe that he'll be 1 on Dec. 4th, the time has just flown by! He is learning so many things and is so much fun! He is walking and running like crazy!!! He loves giving us hugs and kisses.
Tonight we had authentic mexican green enchiladas. Ana made them and they were so good. I haven't had them in a while and I forgot just how good they are. I might even try to make them sometime.
Tomorrow will be a nice break from the nursery. Michaela is giving a talk in Sacrement meeting on giving thanks and we are all looking forward to hearing it. I still can't believe she is almost 13 years old. That makes me just want to cry. She's grown up so fast. I remember when she was just so little and playing with her like she and her sisters play with Carter. Life is just so crazy. Well I'm ready to hit my pillow here's some pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hearing about and seeing the pictures of all that yummy food makes me hungey.
Congrats on weaining Carter it can be quite the task.