Saturday, November 18, 2006

Recovering From the FLU

Well this week has been a much better week. It started off a little bumpy. I ended up getting the flu from Carter and Brent on Monday. I was so SICK!!!! It's been so long since I've been that sick that I forgot how crabby I get and how much I absolutely HATE being sick. Brent was so good on Tuesday he took half the day off to come take care of Carter and go and get me some much needed meds. I was finally able to sleep it off since the medicine finally kicked in and I wasn't in the bathroom every 15 minutes. I headed to Twin on Wednesday to help my mom out since it was the final day of all the stress of her parents estate!!!! I know court was extremely hard for her, thankfully she didn't have to take the stand and that my dad was there to help her keep somewhat calm through it all. We are just so glad that it is all over and now my mom and dad can fully put their hearts into spending time with everyone. I love ya Mom and Dad and are so thankful for your examples of unconditional love.
On Friday Carter and I headed back home and today, well, I actually went into Walgreens and worked. They were desperate and since Brent was able to be home I went. I was so so nervous to go back thinking that I would forget all the drugs, fast codes, insurance policies, all the SIGS, and mainly the computer program... but it actually went really really smooth. We were totally busy and I didn't even break a sweat. YEAH I still have it together. I missed Carter so much!!! He really didn't even notice me gone but was so happy to see me and laughed at the sight of me. Oh so cute!!! So I will be filling in every now and then when it fits into our schedule. It's so nice to have that option!!!
We are getting so excited for Thanksgiving and looking forward to seeing family and just relaxing, eating some really good food, (I'll be making my favorite fruit salad thanks to my mother-in-law) maybe even watching some football ( oh did I just say that?). I might even be brave enough to wake up at the wee hours in the morning and venture out to Target just for the fun of shopping and maybe get a few items. We'll see.
Well wish us luck for tomorrow in the nursery. We'll need it. Carter is now getting a little cold and I don't think they'll even want him in there, I don't really want him in there since he's still in the oral stage and puts absolutely everything in the mouth (teething) and who knows when those toys were washed. Oh well, we'll deal with it. Wish you all well. I'll post pix tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope nursery was ok. I'm so relieved your parents can stop worrying about the "estate". What a painful drawn out grief.
we love and miss you.
Grandma Helen

Anonymous said...

Happy thanksgiving! It will be so nice to be able to see all of your family and not have all the stress of the "estate" stuff hanging over your heads. Enjoy the time together!
lots of love
mimi and the kidlets
xoxoxox