Tuesday, November 07, 2006

VIOLATED




Well it's 11:30 and we've already had one crazy morning. I couldn't sleep last night and so after tons of tossing and turning and kicking Brent to make him stop snoring I crawled out of bed and went to the front room couch. I tossed there too and finally was out by probably 1:30. Carter woke up around 3:00 and Brent brought him to me. Brent couldn't go back to sleep so he messed around on the computer for a little bit and then we were all back asleep. Brent woke up around 6:30 to go work out at the gym and when he went to unlock the door to his car....It was unlocked. No biggy, gets in tries to start his car.....key won't go in the ignition......looks closer and realizes the ignition has been drilled out.....SOMEONE tried to STEAL our car!!!! So we called the police, made a report and really nothing else can be done. It's the weirdest feeling. Who knows why they didn't finish the job, but maybe that's why none of us couldn't sleep last night and maybe just maybe that's what spooked them, seeing a light come on or hearing a baby cry or movement in the front room. Who knows! We take the good with the bad and yah we are having to have a tow truck come out and it's going to take a few days to get fixed but atleast they didn't break into our home and hurt us. Makes me wonder have they been watching us......just a scary feeling. Here's a few pictures of the ignition and Carter looking out the window watching the tow truck tow our car away, at first he cried a little bit but then he started waving like crazy to the guy. And a picture of Carter crawling under the table being a little rascal! We are hoping this is the end of it. Ever since we moved we've had nothing but chaos, but this has all been a learning experience and try our hardest to look at all the blessings that we do have. I am so thankful for our family and that Brent is in school and working with great people and a great job and I can stay home, I have a wonderful happy healthy little boy and all in all life isn't too bad. So take the bad with the good and live life to it's fullest. Needless to say Brent and I both didn't get our workouts in today, tomorrow will be better.

3 comments:

.Ang. said...

Glad to hear that your car wasn't actually stolen and that they didn't break into the house and hurt anyone like you said! But the reality of it is still pretty shocking! Last year our car was broken into, they just stole a bunch of cd's and my purse. we went on a walk and later found my wallet with NOTHING missing and the insurance and car manual (not sure why they wanted that) we did a little looking into it and it turns out that there was a locksmith in the neighbourhood and someone broke into his van and stole his tools! I was always SOO paranoid after that!!!
I did want to say that I appreciate your outlook on the whole thing! and that positive attitude! reminds me that i need to be more like that!!

I hope the rest of the day goes better! and it won't be too much of a $$$ Burden!

Take care!

Sonia said...

Like I told you both this morning . . . It is the worst feeling to feel violated. Been there, done that. Not once by twice. . . First our accord, then the neighbors upstairs 2 years ago . . . remember when the bounty hunters showed up on Halloween Night 2004! AUGH!!! Buy a CLUB!!!!

Carter is so cute!!!!

Saige said...

can't believe how lucky you are to still have a car. I still crack up about how dumb I was when Scott's truck was stolen. I left for work, backed up and gone....didn't even think "oh, Scott's truck should be behind me". He called me a work "where did you move my truck". Luckily it was found a couple weeks later, but man-- that was pretty airheady!!