Wednesday, December 27, 2006

White Christmas!!!!






We got a beautiful WHITE Christmas. It was so nice having some snow. Carter and I went out in it and had a blast. He wasn't too sure at first but soon warmed right up and even stuck his face in the snow eating it. He loved it!!!



We actually made a snow man. No pictures of the snow man though. I haven't done that for years. It felt so good to get out and just play. The kid in me came right back out.
We all had a great Christmas visit with my parents and brothers and their families. We missed everyone else but had a nice relaxing time. Carter got spoiled and his uncles really spoiled him by introducing him to PEPSI. Yeah I just about lost it because Carter really likes it, and now recognizes the pepsi can. Not FUNNY at all. I guess it's pay back time.
Well for Brent this year I decided that Santa has so much fun doing surprises for gifts. So I decided to have a couple presents be surprises. I got Les Mis tickets for him and to throw him way off I put it in this HUGE box stuffed it with some little dorky gifts like dry pack food meals, tons of REAL mandarines like the ones from Canada, some pop and then in a little tiny box were the tickets. He thought I was quite stupid at first but when he finally opened the final package he was so excited. Couldn't believe it. We have been wanting to go to Les Mis for quite some time. Carter got lots of presents, a little overwhelming for him, so we are going to wait to take all of them out of their packages and slowly give him one when he gets bored with some of his toys. It's just a little hard having his birthday in December getting lots of toys, then more at Christmas. So we'll space it out a little.
I reallly enjoyed Christmas this year. I was having a little bit of a hard time getting completely in the spirit but once we pulled out our Forgotton Carols CD it totally hit me and helped me to feel the true spirit of CHRISTmas. I am so thankful for Christ and his sacrifice. Anyone who hasn't been to or read or listened to the Forgotton Carols, well you need to it's so good and I can't wait for next year until we get to go to the play. I also had the pleasure of making Christmas bread with my mom. Something that I couldn't stand growing up but now LOVE!!!! It is an ALL DAY process. It has 5 pounds of flour a pound of butter and candied fruit and slivered almonds, golden raisins and it is so yummy. We started at 7 in the morning and started baking it around 9:30 that night. Ya like I said all day. Because it's so heavy it takes quite a while to rise and then you punch it down and let it rise again. Then you braid it and let it rise again. Even though it takes a while it is worth the wait. Carter even helped knead the dough and roll it out to braid his own little piece. He is such a funny little guy. So social and wanting to be right in the middle of doing what we are doing.
Well we hope you all had a great Christmas and wish you all a happy new year!!!!








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Les Mis. I'm Sooooooooo Jelious! And that Bread looks so yummy.
We are just recieving the white of our christmas. I can't wait to go out with the kids tomarrow and play. it looks like so much fun! We love you and miss you. Give Carter big hugs and kisses from us.

Sonia said...

I'm so jealous of the snow. Maybe I shouldn't show the boys the pix, they'll be even more jealous! So happy for your x-mas gifts, Brent! We love you guys and miss ya!

Linz said...

i'm so glad that you guys has such a good christmas! i sure wish that you still lived in raymond and that i could just drive out and see you all - especially carter! thank you amber for the post on my blog - it really made my day! i sure miss you!

Saige said...

Les Mis... lucky. Love the photos of Carter. Looks like a great Christmas with snow and everything. Give Carter an extra big XOXOXOX from us. can't believe how big he is getting. LUVS