Friday, July 06, 2007

HOT DAYS










We are experiencing some high temps here in Southern Alberta! Yesterday was 38C which is close to around 100F. With no airconditioning it really is making this pregnancy way more uncomfortable than I could have imagined!!! I get that closter phobic feeling because I can't escape the heat no matter what I do, and I get that sudden urge to just strip down to my bare nothings but of course I spare everyone the sight and suck it up. But I do have to say even though I'm quite uncomfortable it has been so nice to see family and now that Carter is getting a little more used to it here it's been fun seeing the kids play together and have lots of fun. We had lots of fun at the parade and Carter was so amazed at all the things to see. It was so nice to see everyone and visit!!! On Tuesday we went up to Waterton and had fun up there chasing after kids who wanted to hike up some big hills. Walking around and eating ice cream were also a highlight for us. Carter has absolutely loved his little cousin Berkley who is about 7 months older than him but they got along so well, giving eachother hugs and talking in their own little language. He also loves following around his older cousins and trying to keep up with them.
We've definately got in our fixing for the famous "Chinese Food" yum yum. Unfortunately I'm pregnant and greesy fried food just doesn't help out with the heartburn I was up all night but I guess you could say it was worth it.... it really is so GOOD, and the ginger beef was perfect! Jim introduced me to a great trick for some serious heartburn. A glass of water with a teaspoon of baking soda and it really does work for at least some time.
To everyone who is in the states I hope you guys had a great 4th of July! Well I better get going love to all.

No comments: