Wednesday, September 17, 2008

DREAMS

Carter has been dreaming lots and talking in his sleep. He always makes us laugh at the things he says. A few nights ago he woke up crying a real sad cry. Brent went into his room to try to soothe him and then brought him into our room with Carter still crying. I tried to ask him questions and finally I got him to answer telling me that he dropped his treats in the dirt and they are "dwerty". He says, "I really want my treats" and then continues to cry. Then a couple nights ago, Carter starts screaming.....Brent runs in (Brent is so good to get Carter in the night) when Brent gets to him he is still asleep but very upset. He tells Brent "my bed is too LOUD... I need to sleep in your QUIET bed!!!" So of course at 5 in the morning Carter ended up in our bed with lots of snuggles and kisses from Mom and Dad and Brooklyn. This morning, Carter was telling me that he dreams about "another car" I asked him what the car looked like.....His reply, "It is Red and it crashed into me, I had to go to the hospital, I was sick"  Ok so that freaked me out!!!! I asked him if he got better and he said he did. Dreams can be so real and good but yet so scary too. I am so glad that Carter can actually talk and tell us what he is experiencing. I love the communication with him as he gets older. In the mornings he usually is in our bed or will come get in our bed to wake us up. He wraps his little arms around me or Brent and gives us kisses and tells us he loves us. I've been waiting FOREVER to hear those words come out all on his own when he feels that lovey feeling. I've always known he loves us but to hear him recognize that he feels that for us is so AWESOME! Carter is so busy and at times we think oh I think 2 is the worst stage....then Carter says or does something and quickly change our minds to thinking awe, this is the BEST stage. I love you CARTER JAMES and am so thankful that you make my day busy and exciting and keep me laughing! 

4 comments:

.Ang. said...

Brylie went through a stage when she had scary dreams all the time!! She still has night terrors from time to time. They freak me out!!

How fun that carter is talking! I love it when they can communicate their little thoughts and feelings!!

I love it!

Unknown said...

Holy cow that kid dreams a lot! I can't believe how well he remembers them. He is such a sweetie.

BreeBands said...

You should hear Braxton. This summer on a number of occasions, Lyndsi and I have woken up to him laughing his head off. It is really weird, he will start to giggle and then you think he is done and then he starts up again and again. When we ask him about it in the morning he has no idea of what he does. It is funny to hear him.
Bree has woken up a few times crying with nightmares. Those are tough because it is really difficult to get her back asleep.

Jennifer said...

Dreaming is sometimes scary. Connor I believe was the worst. He would often wake up and scream and we actually had to wake him up and have him look around before he would stop crying.