Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A weekend to REMEMBER


This past weekend we were able to go to Twin for the temple dedication. Brent's parents were in Utah and were going to be heading back so we thought we'd all meet in Twin and celebrate Brook's birthday again. It was great to see them and spend some time with them. Thanks Jim and Helen for meeting us in Twin! Brooklyn was so excited to get more presents and loved them all! She really is such a girly girl! She gets so excited when she sees clothes, babies, shoes or anything really cute! She is obsessed with shoes and always wants me to put them on her. She even raids Carter's closet and brings me his shoes to put on her and then gets mad when they come off or when Carter needs to wear them. 

On Sunday morning we went to the dedication and it was so amazing! My dad and brother Terry have been doing the security for the temple open house. My dad had the opportunity to be the driver for President Monson's daughter and husband and Terry got to drive Elder Costa and his wife. They got to be really close with the Presidents Security crew and got to be right close to President Monson all weekend. After the dedication we went to the temple to take my dad some lunch and he told us to make sure to come back at 5:30. We were able to be right up front and watch as the prophet came out of the temple and got into his car. When he came out he immediately went to to opposite side as we were on and my dad was talking to Brother Dibbs (President Monson's son-in-law) and let him know where his family was, he went right up to President Monson and made sure he came right to us. So he did, he immediately came right over to us and gave Steven a high five and shook Tiana and Ana's  hands. He tried to give Carter and Brook both fives, but they decided they were going to be shy and just looked at him. He told me that it was better for them to be shy. He kept talking to everyone and would go to get in and then turn and come back to talk more. It was great! He really is such a great man! Such a funny down to earth man! I felt the spirit so strong and I know that he is a Prophet of God and I am so thankful for him and his family! 
 I'm so grateful for my parents' example and their testimony. They never cease to learn and to teach. Although their teaching is not the same as I was growing up its more of a friendship and through lots of conversations and late night visits I learn so much from my parents. I'm so thankful for the way they raised our family. The way they love each and every one of their children and how they trust in their children to do what is right. I hope so much that as my children grow I can let each one of them know how much they are loved and teach them theprinciples of the gospel so they can make righteous choices.  

Here are some videos and pics of our weekend! 


President Monson's car from Utah!


Elder Eyring


President Monson...my dad standing in the back







Waiting for the prophet to come out. 
My kids were so hungry and tired and HOT!!!


Brooklyn giving Carter her wide open mouth kisses!




Carter giving us his "cheese" smile





My dad next to President Monson's car.
He was in the temple for the first session 
and then watched the cars for the other sessions.



At the cornerstone









Now this is at Brook's party............

Mommy and Brook at the canyon!

Both kids with both grandma's!




She decided to sit and do the splits.


Finally a shot of our Carter James 
(He is so hard to catch and get a picture of)















A love/HATE relationship with her new baby that's going back to the store

11 comments:

Kristi said...

What an unforgetable experience for your family!! How neat...

Amelia said...

How coo getting to meet Pres. Monson! OK and Now I am laughing my face off at Brooklyn. hahaha That is the cutest Funniest thing I've seen in a long time. haha. thanks for the laugh Brookie

Sonia said...

I couldn't wait to finally see the pix & video. Hopefully with everything else, you put these cherished photos etc. on cd's . . . LOL :o)

Some kids are just Lucky and get to celebrate their b-days over and over again. Brookie looks darling! We love you guys. Have fun moving . . .We love the new house and can't wait to come play again. It's always so much fun!

Bree said...

Man I had chills just reading your expirence and then to see it! I am so jealous. I have always wanted to shake hands with a Phrophet or an Apostle. We were actually sealed by an Apostle but I have yet to meet a Prophet. So it has been partly fullfilled (who gets to get sealed by an apostle?) Brooks purple dress is so cute. Her birthday doll is about the funniest thing I have ever seen. Addi has a really good one that she loves I'll let you know I can't think of the name right now. Give us a call while you are in twin I would love to catch up more, it was soooo fun to see you guys.

Jennifer said...

That was SO neat!! I can only imagine how special it was. I'm speechless/jealous. Birthday for Brook looks fun.

jana jacob said...

Thanks for sharing your video! What an amazing experience! The video of Brook was so funny...poor girl! I wnat to see pictures of the new house!

Laurie said...

I saw you in the church news. You're famous! This is so cool that your family was able to have that time with the prophet. And Happy Birthday to little Brook.

Stephanie said...

You got some great pictures of President Monson. Wasn't it a great weekend! It was good to see you at the mall.

Steph

Unknown said...

Oh my Brooklyn has so much hair, and curly curly too. She's a doll. Of course i'm blessed with the children with no hair till they're almost two! They grow to fast! Talk to you later! We should talk soon

Unknown said...

she has so much hair. and curly, curly too! she's a doll. of course i'm blessed with the kids who don't get hair till theyre almost two! they grow up way to fast. talk to you later. we should talk soon

Unknown said...

i thought the first one didn't go thru! duh