Friday, January 16, 2009

Michaela's Sealing!!!


So Christmas weekend on Saturday my niece Michaela was sealed to my brother! It was seriously one of the best days EVER! I tear up just thinking about it. We waited so long for that day to come and looking back it went all too quickly for as long as we waited. It was the greatest experience to be in the temple and see all of Terry's kids all in white and there for the sealing. I of course was bawling (we'll just blame it on me being pregnant) but seeing their whole family together just testifies that families can be together FOREVER! It definitely is up to us! It was a perfect thing to do before the new year. It made me really ponder and re-evaluate how my life is. It is so easy to become stagnant in this life, but this was a great boost for me to start the new year with goals of focusing on the most important things working together as a family to make it on our way on the eternal road. To make sure we are having family home evening even if it is just 10 minutes, making sure we read our scriptures every night and pray as a family. Kids understand so much more than we give them credit for. And it's great, once they get in the habit they keep us on track with reminding us what we need to do. 
I thank Terry's family for being such a great example to us! And for Michaela we are all so glad that you are now a Thueson forever and ever! We love you so much and are so proud of you! I can't believe our little Micky is going to be 15 Feb. 2nd!!! The time goes by so fast! Over the weekend we went through tons of pics of when Michaela was little and it seems like just yesterday she was that little girl and I was the teenager and now she is that beautiful teenager with a lot of spunk and personality that we all can't get enough of! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! I remember when she was little too... we'd go over to your house and she was always such a hoot. I can't believe she is so old now! Also, congrats on being pregnant! Is this your announcement? How far along are you? I need to get movin if you're already on your 3rd!

Mindi said...

Wait, did I miss something? Yer pregnant?! Wow! Congrats to you and Brent!!