Friday, January 16, 2009








SO it is now 2009 and I think I have caught up with my posts. January is already flying by and soon it will be Valentines Day. It's great that the time is going by as I am already counting down for this pregnancy to be at the end. I know that is terrible but I have been so sick and just plain out of energy that I feel like I have some disease. I am now almost 17 weeks....YEAH and can feel the baby move and so it makes it all worth it. Makes it all seem so much more real that there is a reason as to why I am sick and I will soon meet this little baby. It's amazing to me that this is my third baby and I am still so EXCITED and can't wait to meet this baby the same way I was with the first. I can't wait to see how we will all mesh together, what kind of personality this little one will add to our family. Of course I am scared to death as to how I will be able to handle 3 kids. I know it will all work out and on my crazy bad days I'll just re-read this post. 
Carter has been great during this pregnancy with really starting to understand what is going on. He will get very mad at Brook if she kicks my stomach or jumps on me and tell her to "be soft the baby is in there" He also asks me if I want certain foods to which most the time I say no. No thank you, and his reply.... "well, does the baby want a taste" so I politely say sure. The other day it was  a grape and when I said sure, he bit it in half and gave it to me "so the baby doesn't choke". Along with him understanding I think it has brought on a new challenge for him, he doesn't want to "grow up". We have this conversation lots:
me: "Carter what do you want to be when you grow up"
Carter: "I want to be little"
me: "don't you want to be a fireman or policeman, or play the guitar"
Carter: "no, I don't want to grow up"
So we end with you will be little for a long time. But of course he loves being bigger than Brook and is excited to take care of the baby because "he's big". I think he's having  a hard time deciding if he wants to be big or small. 
Carter has also really grasped the concept of the difference of boys and "gwrils" This was our conversation the other day:
Carter: "you are a gwril and you don't have a pee pee."
Me: "you are right, you are so smart."
Carter: "well, can you go buy one from Target"
Me: "no they don't sell pee pee's at target."
Carter:  "oh, We better go to Fred Meyer's, they sell them there."
Me: "we can't buy pee pees, Heavenly Father made me a girl and you a boy" 
Carter: "oh" still pondering on how I can get a pee pee. 
He seriously comes up with the funniest things and makes us laugh. 
Brooklyn is talking more and more and actually putting sentences together. She loves books and loves to be silly. She is obsessed with shoes and girly things and of course anything that Carter plays with too. She is really loving phones and pretend play. It's so fun to see what is going on in her little mind. She learns so much from Carter, good and bad. They are starting to play so good with eachother and at the same time when they don't want to be around each other it's tears and tackling. She's got the attitude down, and I wonder where she learned such a big attitude but maybe it comes with being a girl. 
We recently got family pics and I thought I'd post a few. I can't decide what ones I like to blow up for my house...So what do you think?

9 comments:

Amelia said...

Hahaha That is Hilarious! Such an inquisitive little guy. But Oh so Practical. He is and will continue to be such an awesome big Brother!
Luv Ya!!

Annie said...

I love the pee pee story! I think you should print pics 1,2,3, & 6 for the house, love them

Kristi said...

LOVE the pictures. You guys are a good looking family.

Brandi said...

AMBER! I didn't even know you were pregnant...congrats! I think you are about 5 weeks behind me then, SO FUN! That "pee pee" story cracked me up...too cute! By the way, the family pictures are adorable!

lemontree said...

I love the pictures! My favorite of all of you is the 3rd pic, with you between the trees. I love the pictures of the little ones singly as well, though they are all good.

Jennifer and Tucker said...

I love love love these photos and your hair is so cute!

Unknown said...

I was laughing so hard when I read your post. What a sweetheart! I think you should print them all! I love all your pictures! Who does them? They are awesome every time!

Unknown said...

Okay darling pics. I was talking to Bryce and Lynds tonight. And we all think you guys need to get u'r butts up here to visit!!! k!

Bree said...

Love the pictures, you look so good, I am excited for you to find out what it is. Love the pee pee story too...