Monday, June 08, 2009

Holy Smokes

Wow- Where has time gone?

Sorry for not posting.  Life has been pretty crazy for us.

Where to start... (Amber can add some pics later).

My friend Russell invited Carter and I to go with him, his boys and his brother and his kids to his "Fathers and Sons" ward campout.  Carter had his first trip into Oregon.  It was pretty fun.  Carter and I borrowed a tent from Russell and had a great time. 

We got back Saturday- then Russell and I took off to Florida on Sunday.  Russell was cohosting a one day workshop.  tuesday morning Russell and I flew from Ft. Lauderdale to Raleigh N.C. 
We went to present some of our students with a brand new CORVETTE.  This car was beautiful.  It was really fun surprising the couple.  They were finalists in our $100 Million Dollar Challenge.  Later that day we flew back home.  It was great to get back.

This past weekend I was called by our ward exec. secretary asking me to meet with the Bishop early sunday morning.  I showed up right on time- and the Bishop asked me to serve as 1st counselor in the Young Men's.  Wow- not really prepared for that one.   YIKES

Now we are waiting for this little guy to decide to come out and play.  He has been playing inside Amber (literally) I think he has mastered "Back flips" inside of her...  
She has been super uncomfortable so I think it could be any time.  

We are really appreciate of so many great friends who have taken our kids so that Amber has been able to get a little break.  We also have so many people who have offered to help with our kids when Amber has the baby.  We really are so grateful for such good friends.  It is hard not having family around especially at times like this- but good friends can definitely help fill the void.

We hope that you are doing well.  We are enjoying the beautiful weather here in Boise.

I better get back to counting contractions... :)

Hopefully next post has some baby news.. 

Brent

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I hope you have your baby soon...can't wait to see his cute face!!! Have you thought of a name yet? I hope all goes well with the labor and delivery...get that epidural ASAP :)