Monday, June 29, 2009

Lots to catch up on!!!






Okay so I am going to try and re-claim this blog as Brent has kindly taken over since I just never get time to update. So thanks sweety for updating everyone! My sweet mother dear was able to come up and be with me for most of the week after the baby was born. Thank goodness because Brent was so extremely busy with work and he could not take time off during this busy time. So thank you mom for keeping us all afloat! My dad and mom then decided to venture out on a Motorcycle ride and ended up at our house for the day. Carter and Brooklyn both couldn't get enough of the motorcycle...it is so special at our house the motorcycle even ends up in our prayers. I even got to go for a ride on the motorcycle and screamed the whole time, I haven't really ever been on one. It was lots of fun!

Adjusting to the 3 kiddos has been fun and quite interesting. Brooklyn and Carter both seem to be doing really well. Brooklyn ended up getting a nasty cold when we brought Boston home so I have been the "mother hen" and tried to keep her completely away from the baby.....not a good idea. It seems that by doing that it has made her transition way harder. So yesterday I gave in and let her hold the baby. She would NOT let go. She loved that baby so much and made sure his head was held and did so good. I seriously could not believe how motherly she was to him. After quite a while I asked if I could have a turn....her reply : "I not done yet, in a few min-ets" I finally did have to take him away and she continued to ask if I was done, and if it was her turn. She did so much better when I wasn't constantly telling her to step away from the baby.
Carter seems to have grown up TONS!!! He really is such a good big brother to Brook and Boston! He sure has had his moments but the last few days he has been so good! I'm so proud of him! He thinks Boston is "so adorable"! The first day we brought him home. Carter got to hold him and he said, "Mom, I love him, I want to keep him forever!!!" I said WE WILL keep him forever!
Boston is AMAZING! He smells delicious! I wish I could hold him all day!!! We all
google over him! He is smothered with kisses all day long. Last night he slept from 11:30 to 6 am. I woke up to have the light coming in through the windows and couldn't believe he slept that long. I immediately freaked thinking is he okay. He is PERFECT! It's amazing at how a newborn seriously brings a STRONG SPIRIT into our home. I feel like we have a little bit of heaven right here in our home. Although I've heard #3 is the killer.....I have yet to feel it. Of course it has only been over a week. But it seems as though I've become more patient and feel an overwhelming love for all 3 of my kids!!! It's not easy or a breeze by no means, but it seems like I am just a little more relaxed and just know that the most important thing I can do each day is take care of my kids and play with them and let them know I LOVE THEM. I try not to put too many chores on my list for the day and stick with just a few. I thank Boston for bringing in such a sweet spirit and I'm so GLAD he is here.












5 comments:

Our Unique Family said...

oh Ambi he is so cute and he looks like he has your skin color maybe one of your kiddos finally will be able to tan!!! he he...... I cant wait to hold him and kiss him and smell him!! I love all the pixs they are cute but wheres the one of you on the back of the motorcycle??? love you

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

I'm glad he slept all night for you. I know it is hard with just one baby that wakes up in the middle of the night. What a blessing.

Brandi said...

AMBER!!!!! Boston is soooooo yummy, I just want to eat those little cheekies!!! You are lookin' good too...hope all is going well. And I love the name Boston...totally fits your little guy.

Bree said...

Amber even though I knew it was coming I can't believe you have three Kidos! It was so crazy to see the picture of the three of them. They are darling, Im happy to hear your doing well.

Erin&Ryan said...

He is adorable!! Everytime i see a cute little baby i want another one!! Im glad your adjusting just fine with 3!I knew you would! Your a great mommy. If my two boys would just stop fighting three would be a breeze!! Its a little chaotic around my house all the time!! I hope i get to meet him someday soon!!