Friday, June 19, 2009

Miracles

I know that it isn't Mother's Day- but after witnessing a true Miracle today, I wanted to give a "Shout Out" to Moms.

Mom = Strength

Thanks to all of you mom's who not only give birth but do so many other things. You all deserve to be loved and appreciated as the Miracle Makers you are!

This morning I saw a true Miracle. I saw my beautiful wife Amber exhibit amazing strength and give birth to our son Boston (born 06/19/09 at 4:57 am. 8 lbs and 21 inches). We are all so excited to have him finally here. Happy Birthday Boston!

Amber is doing really well. After having ZERO pain medication with Brooklyn- she opted to try a full epidural for Boston. It was AWESOME!

The Labor progressed great, and before long it was time to push him out. She only pushed for about 15 minutes. Once his head came out he started to turn blue. I was getting scared as it was obvious that he was kind of stuck.

We were all telling Amber to really push hard. The dr. was pulling on him trying to free his shoulder, as it was caught and preventing him from coming out. It seemed like forever but finally he came out and was fine. It really was scary for me, as I had a thought that if he didn't get out ASAP- he wasn't going to make it.

My heart goes out to parents of stillbirths. I couldn't imagine going through that.

Sorry to depress you- this really is supposed to be a happy post.. :)

Amber and Boston are doing great- his blood sugar was fluctuating a little but I think is getting more regulated the more he nurses.

Thanks for the prayers on our behalf. Carter and Brooklyn are super excited to have him here. They are great kids.
A special Thank You to our good friend Barb who came over at 1 am to care for Carter and Brooklyn. She has 2 of her own little girls and was great with our kids.

Thanks to Ami who took Carter and Brooklyn for a few hours today so that I could spend time with her and Boston.

We'll post more soon.

Brent









15 comments:

Shel said...

Beautiful Tribute... Congratulations.. you have a beautiful family.. kids are soo cute. we are happy that both amber and boston are doing well... take care.. luv ya, Shel

Brandi said...

Amber, he is BEAUTIFUL!!! And Brent, what a nice post to your wifey...great job you two for having 3 adorable kids!!! CONGRATULATIONS :) (Amber, aren't you so glad to be done?????)

Brandi said...

Oh...and I love, love love the name Boston, too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations! He is adorable! I love his curly hair! I'm glad things went so well and easy for you. What a blessing!

Erin&Ryan said...

Congrats Amber!! He is adorable!! Wish i was there to see him in person.

Unknown said...

Congrats! Thats so exciting that he's finally here. Sounds like everything is going good! good luck with three! you look awesome amber

Bree said...

Congrats, what a cute name and baby. I am so jealous you can breathe again. That was the best I remember the day I had Addi I told Jonathan I was so excited I could breath normal again.

Anonymous said...

Hey sis, what a good looking kid, I just wish I was there to hold him and let him get to know his uncle Pat. You will have to check out the blog, Jan finaly took over and is helping me, so you can see what is going on in Afghanistan and at home with her and Jay. Give my new nephew lots of love for me please, and let carter and Brooky know that uncle Pat love's and misses them.

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the new family member! What joy he will bring to you guys! We are all glad things went well. Miss you all tons!

Colby and Amber Vanderbeek said...

Congrats! What a beautiful addition to your adorable family! So glad all is well for you! I'm so happy and excited for you! And what a cute name! Amber, you have a wonderful husband by the way, the way he talks about you in the blog, priceless!

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

I'm so happy for you guys. I would be so happy to watch Carter and Brooklyn during the day so Amber can get some sleep. Please let me know if I can help.

Robins Family said...

Love the pictures! Way to go Amber! (and way to go Brent for updating the blog!!!) By the way I too can take Brooklyn and Carter anytime!

Annie said...

congrats guys he really is a doll! Good job Amber, I know that birthing process is scary.

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!! Boston is beautiful an dwe are so happy for you guys! I hope everything is still going well and you are getting some rest. LOve you all!!

Unknown said...

Hey Girl! Look at you! Congrats on the little one, you have the most beautiful family! We miss you guys a ton!Love ya!