Monday, May 28, 2007

LES MIS......

Before The Play


I couldn't take pictures...common courtesy. So these are taken at the very end (Finale)!



Carter in our motel looking out the window!

This weekend turned out to be a great weekend! The drive to Utah was long and uncomfortable for me.....I think I did worse than Carter but once we got there we had a great time. The play was so good!!! The music and actors were GREAT! The theater that we were in was smaller than the last one and so it made it a little more cozy and there wasn't a bad seat in the theater. We were close to the back but felt like we were right there. I love Les Mis. it actually is quite a sad story but it is so uplifting and makes you realize that people change and to forgive and it's not up to us to judge someone else, just our job to love. And to love another is to see the face of God. So true!
I was a complete nervous wreck to leave Carter, but i did it. He cried and they'd distract him for a while and then he'd get sad again. But overall did really good for being left for almost 6 hours! He woke up when I got there and was very happy to see us and had to give us all loves and then was out. We then went to our motel to only have the long exciting night continue! We got into our room around 1 and of course Carter was awake and there happened to be a soccor team on our floor that was completely wasted and making the loudest noise! We finally called to complain and still nothing happened. Doors were banging, people yelling laughing running sounded like they were pounding on our door. My parents were in a room a few doors down and had the same loud disturbance and were calling. After 3 times of calling and it was now around 3:30-4:00 we heard a whole bunch of them so loud, so Brent got up to look out the peep hole to see most of them with their bags and them leaving. So we finally were able to get some rest around 4. Not to mention that we also had a couple right next to us who were "just married" or acting as if they were just married, and we could hear EVERYTHING very clear!!! I guess if you can't sleep and are awake in the middle of the night you got to make the best out of it and just join in with the noise......ha hah ha.
I was seriously so tired and Carter wakes up around 7:30 no matter what, so when 7:30 hit and Carter started waking up we were so EXHAUSTED! We turned on Cartoons and let him have some snacks while we rested a little longer. We finally got up and got ready to go checkout and complain. Long story short because our rooms were booked through expedia they can't really do anything about giving a refund and so for future reference not a good idea to book rooms through a 3rd party. Instead just call the reservations department of that motel and let them know of the discounted price online and usually they will meet that price.
Anyway, so with no sleep and all of us being so tired, we decided to get on the road. Carter went to sleep making it more of a relaxing trip home. But I think I did way worse than him. My feet and hands started swelling and I felt so weird!!! I now have the problem of swollen ankles, hands and face so I'm trying to drink as much water as possible and walk around and stretch. We had a nice memorial day relaxing at my parents and going to the cemetary.Thanks to everyone for making the weekend great! It was nice to see some family and spend time together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber I feel for you! I'm afraid of getting swelling so hopefully it has already begun to go down for you.
And what a long night. I'm sure your very glad to be back home in your own bed.