Monday, May 14, 2007

Swim Time!!!





Well this weekend was a great one for us. I had a wonderful Mother's Day and hope you all had the same. Friday evening I helped Brent mow the lawn. We have two mowers and Brent kind of spranged his ankle this past week playing basketball and so I thought I'd help him out. The first time I've ever really even touched a mower or started one and I think I did pretty good. I definately got my workout in the sun. Carter was playing so good and following us around and he even went up the whole ladder on his little play house all by himself as Brent and I watched....me wanting to run over there and stand behind just incase he fell back but brent wouldn't let me. He didn't want Carter to even know we were watching. And so we stood there me on mey tippy toes and heart racing visioning him falling back but much to my amazement he didn't and he had a great time up there playing!!! He thought he was so BIG. Which I thought he was too.
On Saturday I worked at Walgreens leaving the 2 boys to hang out. It was quite a hot day and being that we put fertilizer on the grass Friday night Carter couldn't go out and play on it. So Brent did the next best thing and blew up his little inflatable pool and let him go for a little swim. He loved it. The water was freezing but he didn't seem to mind at all.
When I got off work we drove to Twin for the night and spent Mother's Day with my parents and brothers and their families. It was nice to all be together and Carter got spoiled to death with so much attention. Being that his cousins are all a little older than him, they all help watch him and give him whatever he wants. He thinks he is just as big as they are and they all are so good to include him and watch him while they play. He has finally warmed up to his uncles and he tries to tease them back and get even just to loose the battle to being tickled to death.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so darling! I'm getting so pumped up to have you guys get up here!!!!!! I just can't wait and with mo heading down here this weekend and Sonia the next. we are getting snakey waiting for all our cousins to come and play. And I can't wait for a little prego suport that only my fellow prego can offer ;0)