Monday, August 20, 2007

BROOKLYN RAE COPPIETERS









We are so happy to say that we now are a family of four. This little baby decided to come early Sunday morning Aug. 19th. I was having contractions pretty much all day Saturday, I just needed them to get harder. My parents came Friday and Brent's parents got in town Saturday evening. So I was really praying that nature would take it's course and I'd really go into labor. We all stayed up talking and then decided to go to bed. I didn't really want to go to bed as most of my good contractions stop once I would sleep. I realized that I did need sleep and rest for the days to come so once we all got into bed and adjusted.....I was all propped up on my pillows, pillows between my legs and all set for sleep. Still having contractions and as soon as Brent pulled out his book to do some light night reading, well my contractions immediately got hard and soon became 3 to 5 minutes apart. Soon of course the tears came as i realized these are what it takes to get this baby here. I had an overwhelming feeling of leaving my baby and him waking up feeling abandoned. At that point the hormones kicked in I completely lost all sense of logic and told Brent that we'd just not have the baby that night and stay there. Brent being so good said no, let's just take Carter with us. Hearing him say that made no sense and I got it together. We gave Carter some benedryl.....and put him in our bed and off we were to the hospital.
I was extremely nervous as we drove there thinking that this really couldn't be happening...all my prayers answered and things were working out perfectly. I didn't want to get my hopes up and be sent home. But oh the pain. When we got there the nurse checked me and I was at a 3 1/2 to 4 and she wanted to make sure I was dialating so she said instead of having you walk lets jacuzzi it up and let you relax and let your body do the work. I thought that for sure the contractions would stop once I relaxed and then be sent home with no baby......but much to my amazement the jacuzzi totally took my contraction pain down and I dialated. I couldn't believe the nurse when she said you're a way good 5 and lets book you and get you jacuzzi-ing more. I thought she's being so nice. So I decided since I was completely relaxed and doing good with the pain lets just keep the meds away for now and not hinder anything. I kept dialating and by the time I hit 7 I was starting to think maybe I needed the epideral.....not sure if I actually wanted to feel the baby come out. With tons of encouragement as I was doing great with the contractions I fully decided not to get anything. Brent called and woke up my parents in the motel and had the come as I wanted them there for the birth, for me and for Brent. They made it there and from then everything progressed and I'll spare you all the gory details......
Brooklyn weighed in at 7 pounds 6 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long. (length exact as Carter). She just like Carter was a miconium baby so she had to be suctioned.....let me say that's the worst when you can feel everything and have to wait to push as you have half the baby out. But extremely vital as they have to suction her before she takes a breath. A little stressful at first as we had to have the respitory team there and get the dr. there before she came. It all happened so fast! Needless to say we are so glad that is over and we are all doing great.
I came home from the hospital on Monday and seriously feel so good. Carter loves the baby and is so happy to see her. He is a little clingy of mom and dad and wants us and Brooklyn all right there together. He hasn't ever gotten mad at her or wanted me to put her down he loves to us all together. Thanks to Jim and Helen for being here and being such great help!!! Thanks mom and dad for being there for the birth and being my saving grace during some stressful moments!!! I seriously have so much love for the savior and for the gospel. It all makes so much sense and I know that without my Heavenly Father I would have not made it through. We do have a higher power helping us along the way whether we know it or not. I feel so blessed to have two healthy wonderful kids and a great husband who is such a great father and takes care of me so well! I better go before I start bawling as hormones run high. Love to all and I hope everyone is doing well.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for you and your little family. She is such a doll and we can't wait to meet her in person. Love ya lots xoxoxo

Michael Jay said...

Reading that made me anxious for Angie to have the baby...and i am not even the one who has the hard part! She is just to cute, we are both so happy for you guys.

Unknown said...

HOORAY!!! I have been checking like crazy to see when she would be here! SO beautiful Amber! She looks so healthy and perfect! Email me your addy as soon as you get a chance. Love you all!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I'm so glad that shes here! I want my stuff to go just like yours. And early would be nice.
I am sympathizing with your thoughts about Carter before you went to the hospital. As I was in labor with Riley all I could think about was Brynlee and all the little things that she says, over and over and thats what got me through with Riley. I missed her like crazy and as soon as he was born all I wanted to see was Bryn.
Sorry for the long story but we are really glad that Brooklyn is finally here! And I'm glad that your feeling pretty good.

Shel said...

Congratulations. We are so happy for you. She is beautiful. And you look really great. Relax and recover as much as you can. Housework will wait, take it easy. I hope you have lots of help and support as you bond as a family of 4. Luv ya. Shelly

Anonymous said...

Amber- little Brooklyn is so adorable! I bet you are so excited to spoil that little girl. I am so happy for you and Brent! I have to admitt I've had fun looking at your blog... its been so long since we've talked, I just don't know what you have been up to! You are so cute! I am working on posting on my own blog, not much is on there yet. zakandnoelle.blogspot.com. I just wanted to tell you congrats! I can't wait to join you in being mommy! :)

Meagon said...

Congratulations. We are happy for you all and that the new member of the family is here. They grow so fast, have fun with her while she is little. love you all

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girls. How wonderful for you. ENJOy
Love Aunt Lou

Sonia said...

she so cute . . . we've got to meet her in person soon!!