Saturday, August 18, 2007

NO BABY YET!!!



Well I was hoping that the next time I posted it would be pictures of our new little bundle........but she's being extremely difficult as I've been having tons of contractions but nothing happens!!! The doctor was surprised to see me yesterday and said he didn't think I'd make it through the weekend.....dr's- please please they get my hopes up by saying these things and then when nothing happens I am even more devasted! Especially the saying that "oh, wow, the head is RIGHT there and you won't have a long labor at all....That's what my other dr. said with Carter and sure the head is RIGHT there but goodness if you're that positive just break my water and send me over to labor and delivery! Anyway as you can tell I'm just a little flustered. My dr. did schedule an induction for Wednesday morning if I make it till then--in my dr.'s words. Of course I'm all ancy and when people ask when is your due date of course it's actually not until the 28th but hey, when you are this big and uncomfortable a date is just a date and it seems as though my body tells me now should be the time. I'm dilating and things are all ready to go down there...trying not to give to much info.
So anyway on to more exciting things. Last night I was having contractions and lots of pain in my back and so we decided to go to the fair with our friends Russell and Collette. Where better to go and walk and eat lots of grease filled yummy food! We took the kids to see all the little animals and Carter loved the little goats. We bought some grain to feed them and of course Carter thought they'd bite him, and was completely amazed at the fact that they lick your hand to get the food. He laughed and squiled and got a little scared. So he went for their tails instead and wanted to pet only the "baby ones". There was a BIG cow and you could comb it, so Brent took him over to see this cow and at first he was in awe, then when it started "MOO-ing" at him he got a little freaked. Brent insisted he take the brush and try it and as he got closer the cow let out another big "MOO" and made carter turn and get the heck out of there. Quite fun to see kids faces light up when they see all these animals.
We enjoyed our fair food of corn on the cob, elephant ears(my favorite), corn dogs, and of course the famous Idaho ice-cream potato. I should have taken a picture of this as it really does look like a potato for all you non idahoans who have no clue what I'm talking about.
Anyway, I am still having contractions this morning and they are getting more and more painful so I must get off of here and do something. Love to all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you'll have a new little one soon. We can't wait to hear the news!!! The fair looked like fun hopefully the walking around helped out a bit. Hope all is well and goes well with the Labour and Delivery. Love ya, give Carter hugs for us and the new little one when she decides to show her face!!

Anonymous said...

Ya Brooklyn's finally here! Hurry and post some pics. But its my turn to be frustrated. I am saying 'Dito' to everything that you were venting about in this blog. Enough contractions already. I just want a baby!

Unknown said...

sooooo I think you should get a pedicure and tell them to really rub hard on those feet! That's what I did when I was antsy and not only did it feel good, but it started contractions and I went into labor the next day. OHHH good ol foot reflExology!