Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy Days

We are all doing much better!!! Brooklyn's rash and diarrhea completely cleared up by Saturday and she is such a happy girl. Her pediatrician completely disagreed with the other doctor. She told me that throughout our lives we will always find that doctors do have different opinions even though both doctors are good doctors just see things differently and to always go with your maternal instincts. She did think she was allergic and charted it and did not want her on any other antibiotic until her system was completely flushed, and she didn't think she had an ear infection at all. So I felt completely better after my visit with her.

Carter gets funnier everyday. His big new phrase is "NOT FAIR!" One evening we all went shopping and Brent took Carter out to the car to change his diaper and he thought for some odd reason he was going to get to drive and when Brent told him no you get to ride in your nice chair.....he replied "Not fair". I'm not quite sure where he picked it up but he now tells me this often when he can't do something. I try to hide my little laughs as I can't believe he is already trying to reason with me. He also is growing up so much he has finally gone potty on the big potty. He's gone the big #1 and #2. Now the problem is just sticking with it. Potty training is way more in depth than I imagined. Right now I'm kind of just going with the flow, not pushing it at all...I'm just thinking it is a little easier to just change the diaper. Carter has been calling Brooklyn "gorgeous" and is making sure she has plenty of toys. He'll even share with her for a few minutes and then when she drops the toy he'll say "Thank you Brook it's my turn" Last night we were in the car and Brooklyn started fussing and Carter quickly said " Brooklyn, U Or Words, top crying" (use your words stop crying). Yes this is what I tell him when he is in the middle of a melt down and it seems to work quite well. He soon can get a hold of himself and usually will tell me what is wrong so we can work together to make things better. I now know what I must sound like when I'm talking to him. Brooklyn has really found her voice and loves to squeel and talk. She gets so excited the moment she sees Carter and without him doing anything she'll start laughing so hard at him. She constantly watches him and I can just see in her eyes she's waiting for him to notice her and she wishes so bad that she could get down and play with him. I know that day will come too soon! Brooklyn is getting so big and it is so bittersweet. I'm just trying to make the most of my days and enjoy Carter and Brooklyn as they are now, although life is CRAZY I love it, and I certainly know that it will only get crazier in the years to come. I better get going...I'm in Twin and so I don't have my camera but I'll post pics as soon as I get back. Love to all!!!!

2 comments:

Mindi said...

Hey Brent and Amber! Looks like your kids are getting so big! Sorry to hear about the rash...we've hit a few of those rough patches as well! Good to see you guys!

Jennifer said...

Boy, I'm glad the second Dr treated it like and allergy because that is what I would call it!! Anyway, good to hear she is doing better! Your kids are getting so big! We wish we could come and see them. And boy isn't it amazing how smart they are!!