Monday, January 07, 2008

Sleep Deprived!!!

This is the beginning of the rash

Pictures don't even do it justice....it's so sad and looks terrible

I was nursing Brooklyn and Carter came and sat on my feet and next thing I know he's asleep


Carter making a snow angel

Brooklyn laying with Carter in his bed. This was the morning we woke up to just some spots on her.


So our little Brook has become quite the trooper. Last Monday I took her in to the Dr.'s because she had become fussy and having trouble sleeping and scratching the heck out of her ear. It was an ear infection so they prescribed Amoxicillin. After being on the amoxicillin for 7 days, Sunday morning Brooklyn had broke out in a rash. At first it was just a whole bunch of spots on her body and as the day progressed so did her rash. She is now covered in welts and it has broke my heart that she has to go through this. Today I took her to the Dr. to not find out anything. The Dr. was a new doctor that they stuck me with since Brooklyn's normal pediatrician is not in the office on Mondays. This Dr. looked at her ears 5 to 6 times and then asked me well which ear was the infected one. Once I told him he looked and looked and then said well I think it is a little red and so I think it's still infected. Then he said I don't think her rash is bothering her. She's too little to swipe at her rash and want to itch. And he also doesn't think she is allergic to Amoxicillin he just thought it was one of the side effects. Allergic or not I'm never giving it to her again!!!! He wants to put her on a different antibiotic, and not document that she is allergic to it.
Well I completely DISAGREE with this dr. so I'm going tomorrow to her regular dr. for another opinion!!!! She has not been this uncomfortable EVER! She is swiping at her forehead and her eyes where the rash is the worst. Before the rash she was still sleeping really well and only waking up 2 times in the night rather than just waking up at 5. But last night she was awake and just whimpering and getting so frustrated! Brent was so great to wake up with me (I was becoming FRANTIC) and helped me give her a bath and then I ran to the store to get Aveno Oatmeal baths. This all occurred at 3 in the morning. Brent gave her a blessing and she soon calmed down and slept for a good few hours.
I'm so grateful for the Priesthood and to have it in our home. Thanks to my honey for being such a good daddy and being so calm!!! I don't know what I'd do without him.
Amongst all the craziness in taking care of Brooklyn.... it has finally snowed and left us with some snow on the ground. I was able to take Carter out and play with him in it and he loved it! We had tons of fun making snow angels and throwing snowballs at each other. He is such a fun smart little kid. He loves to make us laugh and make himself laugh. He definitely keeps the spirit in our home happy as long as we remember to laugh and not worry about the messes he makes or the curiosity in him. This past week he has thrown my phone in the bathtub (now I have a newer nicer phone...thanks carter), given the floors tons of baths, thrown tons of rice down the heat vent, taken keys off our keyboard, tried drinking a bottle of ibuprofen thank goodness I was close by to catch him right before doing so. You may now think I never watch this kid but seriously I DO constantly and that's when he plays so good and we play together and the moment I go to the bathroom for 2 minutes or go to lay Brooklyn down or just sit to nurse her he takes these opportunities to become curious. Okay well I better go get some sleep.... I now have just been informed that our dryer isn't working (it's only 1 year old)....AUGH now I have wet clothes and have to call customer service be on hold forever and probably won't be able to understand the person I'm talking to. Oh my it really does pour when it rains!!!! I just have to laugh and say tomorrow is a new day. Love to all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OH AMBER!!! I am so sorry! I would drive there right now and watch them so you could sleep away the afternoon if I didn't have to work tonight. How are things today? ANy better?

Kristi said...

Amber-
I have had a similar reaction to amoxicillian. I can brake out in that same red, ITCHY rash. Just tell doctors about it anyway- it is the best kind of reaction you can have if you are going to have a reaction (but better not to react at all!). Poor Brooke! I hope things work out better with your regular doctor.

And I feel the same way about watching Madison as you do Carter. Even though I feel like my house is safe, relatively clean, Mad still finds the dangerous or hazardous item, or destroys something that I have tried have to keep nice or preserve!

Anonymous said...

Is it getting better yet? well hopefully your regular doctor can give some insight to the problem. I feel your pain when you get a different doctor then your own the new doctors tend to blow you off and not do their job. That crazy carter giving you a run for your money..... we would expect nothing less they always know the perfect times to get into mischief..... its not just you their smart little boogers!!! They only get more creative as they get older. kiss them for me and hang in there ride the wave and it will calm right before the next wave hits.

Meagon said...

Amber,
Sometimes being a mom and wife is the most exhausting thing in the world. Sounds like Carter is trying to keep up with his cousins. I have two of them at home. Yea, the last time I went to the bathroom when it was just me and the boys they were pleasently eating their lunch so I thought it was ok ...... a fish died. They say that what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger, but I think it is giving me a nervous tick. : ) Hope all gets better soon. Love to you and and family.

Brandi said...

Amber...how are you???!!! Your kids are adorable...I can't believe you already have 2! Ours are getting old...4 & 6. My little Kennedy is alergic to Amoxicillan...when she was around 9 months old, she had the same reaction...red and blotchy all over. Its scary, isn't it? Anyways, I hope all is well...you and your cute little family seem to be doing great! Love, Brandi