Friday, February 08, 2008

Busy Week








This week has been a busy one. Brent got back from his nice trip to California. He got to see April, Chris and Ashlyn for a night and I'm so jealous!!! And April I must say that Brent said you looked so good for being so close to your delivery date......he said you didn't look "HUGE" at all. (really he did)
We all went to pick Brent up at the airport and Carter was so excited!!! He missed Brent so much while he was gone so we all were so happy to have Brent home! Carter's new phrases are "good idea, mom" and "nice work." I was cleaning up and he was so nice to tell me "nice work." And anytime that he is getting cranky or bored I say oh let's go get a snack or color or play playdough and the next thing he always says is "great idea, mom" He can be in the middle of a melt down and the moment I suggest something he stops crying and tells me great idea. So cute. I'm not quite sure where he comes up with these things but everyday he has something new. I've been trying harder to potty-train him and it's a little tiring. I think it may be too early. I was talking to my mom on the phone while carter was playing cars and telling her that I didn't really like this whole potty-training thing and realize it's a LONG process. When that afternoon I sit Carter on the potty and he tells me "done potty train'n' mom." I get him off and then he proceeds to tell me....."don't like potty train'n'." I swear he hears everything I say even when I think he's in the other room playing he somehow is able to play and listen so well to what I am talking about.
I am happy to say that while Brent was gone I went to church and for the first time Carter actually stayed in nursery the whole time. The leaders did say he tried escaping once.....but they caught him and he didn't even cry. So YEAH for CARTER!!!! Church was actually nice and I was able to listen to the lessons.
We are getting ready to go to Vegas in a couple of weeks and we are hoping to be able to get to California to see my new little nephew who will hopefully be here soon! So February while it seems like it just started is going to be over way to fast.
Anyway I better get going both kids are sleeping which is a great thing and I might go take advantage of it. Love to all!!!

10 comments:

Our Unique Family said...

well give Brent a big kiss for me, its nice to know that not everyone thinks I look like a giant cow. It was nice to see him as well. I cant believe how dark and curly Brooklyns hair is she is so cute, and that carter very cute as well. kiss them all for me.

.Ang. said...

holy your kids look so grown up all of a sudden!

They are so cute!

Brandi said...

You better watch out...kids are little eaves droppers and very observent! Kaid and Kenn still say things that make me laugh...all the time! Don't get down on the potty training...he'll come around on his time!

Saige said...

Your blog looks great. Get ready for Vegas... have the kids play and get out for yourselves (let dads babysit for a while??? payback!?)

Brandi said...

Okay...I have a couple of ideas on the potty training. First, you can fill a jar with candy/snacks and put it next to the toilet...everytime he goes, he can choose something out of it. Second, get little cut-out shapes (some stores sell them especially for this purpose- Babies 'R Us I think...you can just make your own though). Make them pretty small so they will flush down obviously. When he needs to go, it gives him something to look at and try to hit (like a target) when he goes. Boys get a kick out of this...you can do little animal cutouts, etc. Kaiden liked it and it worked!

Brandi said...

Sounds good...I think he'll like it! Plus, an added benefit, it will teach him to aim!!! (definitely something every male needs to practice)

Jennifer said...

Your kids are looing all too big and cute!! I guess it must be time to start thinking about #3!!! (he he). Potty training takes lots of patience and lots of underware!! Good luck.

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love all those pictures! I cannot believe how fast Brooklyn has grown. She is beautiful!!! How is April? Has she had her little one?

Brandi said...

By the way, the kids and I are going to spend the summer in Twin...we need to get together!