Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sharp shooter

Ok well I have no pics and I hate posting with no pics but oh well. We all have been sick with colds. Carter and Brook keep passing it back and forth and now Brent and I have it. There is nothing worse then a head cold. I keep debating whether or not to take the kids in or just let them keep fighting it off back and forth. 
Among being sick I have started working on a major task. Although Carter is fully potty trained Brent or I still wipe his bum and push his peter down so it doesn't shoot all over. Well this poses a great problem when we leave him because whoever is watching him has to take over the tasks and it is uncomfortable for Carter so he just won't go. So I thought I better try and let him take over the bathroom duties.....yesterday was day 1.....it didn't go very well. Carter saw just how powerful he can be. I had to completely wash down my walls and even the ceiling upstairs and the bathroom floors. NOT FUN. Now you all may be thinking this is too much info. But I tell you this because I need some tips. Putting targets in the toilet do not work...it really is just so much more fun to pee on the walls and see it shoot far!!! He is not tall enough to stand and reach the top of the toilet and so he needs a stool but then he's way too high. So we have him sit but that only works when I help him! During potty training I thought oh I love boys because if he has to go he can pretty much go anywhere.....but in this case i really wish his shooter was easier to manage. So I know many of you have boys and you all went through it so what was your trick to get the pee in the potty (or for the most part) without you helping them. How nice it would be if he could just go in there by himself and do it on his own....I am so looking forward to that day! 

5 comments:

Brandi said...

You crack me up! PETER??? Come on, at least use official terms :) I don't think boys will ever fully make it in the toilet EVERY time...especially in the morning! However, if he won't push it down himself while standing, I would have him try sitting and pushing it down. Get a toilet seat from Target or Wal-Mart. Have you seen them? They just sit right on top of the toilet. That way he doesn't feel like he's going to fall in. I don't really have much more advice, sorry. Just tell him he will have to clean the pee up if it doesn't make it in the toilet!!!

Erika said...

My son sits on the toilet so he is facing backwards and that helps a ton.

Amelia said...

BAH..HAHAHAHA!!!! OH little boys...cleaning off the ceiling. hahaha
We had Riley sit backwards on the toilet with his "peter" pointing towards the Tank.
Then he'd lean forward holding on to the water tank. that way we were guaranteed in was pointing the right way.
Good Luck!!!

Bree said...

That is to funny, you kill me. I wanted to tell you I am having a little Christmas get together and anyone is invited so check it out on my blog I hope you can come our girls would have so much fun. Let anyone you still keep in touch with know about it.

Our Unique Family said...

that is funny.... save all your good tips for me I will need them for mr. collin. I miss you kiss those kiddos!