Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Blessing


The dress!





Carter loves Jurnee!!! She is so cute and fun!











Jurnee isn't she a cutie pie!!!


The boys playing, giving eachother horsey rides.


Brooklyn was blessed this last Sunday. We had an extremely fun weekend! Sonia Ryan and the kids came from Vegas and Brent's parents came from Canada. My sister April was able to come with Ashlyn and then my parents were able to come also. It was so much fun getting to see everyone. The weekend went by so fast that I had a little bit of a hard time Sunday evening with everyone gone. Thankfully April and Ashlyn have been with me these last few days. The blessing and dinner afterwards turned out great and the dress Brooklyn wore was absolutely beautiful! I need to send a special Thanks to Brent's mom for making the dress. She is so talented and the dress was perfect....the only thing is we had to move the buttons over because my babies grow FAST and get chubby.
Thanks to all of you who made the trip for just a couple of days. And thank you Sonia and Ryan for staying up LATE and fitting in some cards and some great chit-chat. And I must say thank you to Ryan for the great "entertainment" (wink wink). I'll remember to bring some bells for you next time.
Brent is staying busy with work and is going to be gone this weekend so I'll be traveling with April and Ashlyn to Twin to see more family and enjoy the conference weekend!
I have been trying to adjust to the everyday life of having 2 kids. Trying to get laundry, cleaning, cooking, running errands and a good schedule down for the kids. Brooklyn has become more fussy since her pooping habit is so WEIRD. Although these past few days have been great. She's pooped on her own 2 days in a row and has been so good. Now if she could just keep that up. I can certainly tell when she is uncomfortable and can't poop. On Sunday evening she was having such a hard time so we tried just some rectal stimulation and of course didn't work so we gave the suppository and boom within 5 minutes it was done. So the suppository didn't even have time dissolve. We are just going with the flow. If she doesn't go within 2 to 3 days and is uncomfortable she gets the suppository, and if she goes on her own great! She'll get it down sometime. She is smiling so much and trying to start cooing!! It's so funny to watch her as she tries to get out something. She smiles and if I stick out my tongue her tongue comes out too.
Carter is growing like crazy and talking so much. He understands so much and is memorizing how to spell his name and now can count to 10. I din't know he could count that high until we were counting and he would say the next number before I could say it. He got a little stumped at 9 and then shouted 10! He has learned that I am mom but that my name is "Amer" and that dad is "Bent" so he switches back and forth between calling us by our names. He keeps me on my toes and keeps me laughing or completely flustered as how to figure him out.
Well I better head off to bed as both kids are sleeping and I have a dr's appt. at 8:30. I can't believe it's already been 6 weeks since I had Brooklyn. Love to all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that everything went so wonderful! How far along is April now? I love all the pictures, they are always so cute. Oh and I got your announcement yesterday!!! SO SO cute!!!

Shel said...

Beautiful pics. Brooklyn is beautiful. Looks like a lot of fun. The blessing dress is gorgeous. Such a great time to gather and celebrate. Wish we lived closer. Luv ya, Shelly

.Ang. said...

That dress is SO beautiful! It's always so fun to have get togethers like that! Looks like fun!

Your family is soo cute!