Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bits of Carter

So lately Carter has just seemed to get so big! He talks in full sentences now and never stops talking! Not even while he's sleeping. He talks like crazy in his sleep it's so funny. He'll talk about spiders or grandma or mommy or just mumble, or he's even "quak"ed like a duck. Brent and I get a good chuckle out of him!
I have been needing to write down some of the things he says because I use my blog not only to keep in contact with everyone but as a journal too. It's so nice to look back and read and see how far we've come and what all we did!
So anyway, we have started a nightly routine of reading scriptures with Carter and Brook and then having family prayer every night no matter what. And we try our hardest to make reading scriptures exciting. We were talking about Nephi and obeying his daddy and going into the wilderness and telling the story, recapping the chapter we read when carter says......then santa claus came. Ya, just when we thought we were explaining things well... He has really come to love praying. Last night as we were blessing all the people we love he starts to name them and name my mom's kids that she babysits. The list went on and on and even went into blessing us to share. Everyday he has something new. Right now he is definitely into telling me "I don't like that" or "I like this one" All day I hear the things he likes and doesn't like. Depends on his mood on how many things he likes. I often wonder exactly what is going on in his little mind. It never stops and I love how he learns so quickly on SOME things! He's my little cutie pie who has a great sense of humor. While the girls were here, he loved teasing them. He loved calling them george or cutie or sweety. Here are a few videos of our "big boy Carter"


carter "pretending" to play his guitar



Carter's first bowl


Bath time with the kids

6 comments:

Our Unique Family said...

okay way cute posts!! I miss you guys and cant wait to see you all. Carter is so cute as well as brooklyn she is getting so big and carter looks like Terry. As much as we fought when we were young we had some great times and good memories. I love you and girlfriend you need to tell me where to go to get the scrapbook paper to put on my blog and help me figure out how to do it. well I love you give your kids big kisses.

.Ang. said...

I'm sure santa must have come to visit them in the wilderness. He seems to find you no matter where you are.. But then again there wasn't christmas yet... So unless there was some kind of time warp.. or michael j. fox, doc brown and a delorian with a flux capacitor, and 88mph. Maybe Santa DIDN't come.

Your kids are so cute! I love that Carter is speaking in full sentences! It adds a completely new, FUN level to parenting! and you get an amazing look into their thoughts. So fun!!!

I love the bowling video! Bowling with kids is so fun(ny)! They always kinda loose interest for a bit while the ball is trying to get to the pins.. and if it makes it at all they get SOO excited!!!

So much fun!! keep the posts coming! (I'm still trying to get your song recorded and on my music blog)

When do you guys go on the cruise again???

Jennifer said...

Your kids look very energetic. I know what it is like!! Hannah is starting to run me ragged! Ethan isn't too bad most of the time because he doesn't have to have most of the attention anymore. And like April, I too need to know how to put the cute paper on the blog!! HELP!! I've spent way too long trying to figure it out myself.

Sonia said...

I love the crazy things the kids come up with. Of course you've gotta throw santa into the mix somewhere/somehow.

Carter really does ROCK! (and we're getting better at it.) He's becoming a little man! Love the videos!

Unknown said...

You always have such great posts. I cannot believe how much older Carter always seems to be. Remember that show, "Kids say the darndest things"? That's kinda what he reminds me of because all those cute things he does and says.

Laurie said...

Amber, I went private with my blog. Send me your email address to mom2mykids@yahoo.com and I'll sent you an invitation. Hope all is good.