Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Week before Easter

I did the girls' hair and they did Brook's


Brooklyn hanging out while we bowled.


The girls helping Carter bowl.


Ok so I have so much to post about.....this last week was Twin Falls' spring break so I had my nieces Tiana and Andrea come visit us for the week. We kept extremely ready and had fun getting ready for Easter. We had lots of easter egg hunts, went bowling, and went to Boondocks to ride go-karts and play all the fun games there. The girls remind me so much of my sister April and me about 15 years ago. It's like a flashback. I couldn't help but laugh so much this last week because I kept going back to my childhood. When life was so simple and I didn't have a care in the world!
Carter absolutely loved bowling. He loved that he could go and throw a ball (couldn't quite grasp that you had to roll it). After "his turn" he could go and play right behind us with games. It was nice to just kind of let him go and be able to watch him the whole time.
Brooklyn also got her first burn to a flat iron. Tiana was holding her and decided to come into the bathroom where I was getting ready and she sat Brooke on the counter and right when I said don't sit her there.......she grabbed it. Oh, I felt so terrible!!!!! She didn't even cry at first, maybe because I immediately had it in freezing cold water, but after it was out she screamed and screamed and wouldn't let me see her hand. So I held it under the water FOREVER and let her play with ice and she continued to cry off and on for 2 hours. I called her doctor and took her in just to make sure it was ok. And of course it was, she said that it happens so much, she's seen way worse and that it would be completely better by the next day. WOWSERS we were lucky!!! Those things are SO STINKIN' HOT! I cringe when I do my hair to make sure that I don't let my hair touch my face right after because my hair gets so hot I couldn't imagine how bad it would hurt if I touched it. So anyway it was quite a busy week and now everything has calmed down. Thank goodness!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I can't believe how big those girls are getting. What a fun way to spend Spring Break.

Jennifer said...

Too much fun. Wish we could have been there to share in the fun.

Unknown said...

NOOOOO No burns! I always keep my curling iron in the sink while I do my hair. I have a friend that burned her arm so bad its scarred when she was little. I always think of that and I don't want to go through that